Today’s generation runs on caffeine and stress; it is their staple. And a little stress in life is good as it keeps us motivated to find the best solution and make the best life for us. But unfortunately, if you let stress control your life, it is incumbent that I say that you are inviting more problems in your life. Too much stress leads to depression, anxiety, insomnia, chronic fatigue or pain, and can intensify other life-threatening diseases.
Therefore, it is of utmost importance that you keep your stress in control. There are life-changing hacks that can keep the stress in control. They keep the hormone cortisol which increases stress in the body minimum. Try these tips that we are listing below, as they are better than taking medication or treatment for it, which are mainly antidepressants or anti-anxiety meds.
6 Tips to Deal with Stress
Take Deep Breaths
It works well if you are in a stressful situation or if you practice it daily, it helps decrease stress production in your body. When you let your body loose and take deep breaths for a few minutes, you are instructing your body/mind to calm down and let go.
- So, sit with your eyes closed for a few minutes.
- Breathe in and out and focus on your breath only.
- Keep your thoughts idle and imagine yourself in your happy space.
Gargle with Cool Tea
The pandemic is the greatest trigger for anyone who suffers from chronic stress. Every day you stress yourself about getting sick or going out for vital things. This stress can take a toll on your body and weaken your immune system.
- So, one way to reduce your stress about the virus is gargling with green or any tea which has catechins after it cools down.
- Do this for 30 seconds every day.
Research says that it can kill a lot of viruses in your body. (there is no surety that it can kill SARS_COVID-19)
Pamper your Skin
When stress attacks your body, the first thing that is affected is your skin and face. Thus, pampering your skin not only keeps it healthy, fresh, and hydrated. But it can also relieve the tension that is present in your face muscles.
Pampering your skin is pretty easy at home. Tips:
- Buy sheet masks and place them over your face and provide it heat.
- Massage coconut or olive oil onto your face. These oils are beneficial for skin and massaging helps relax the tension and increase blood circulation.
- Use the right skincare products for keeping your skin clean and healthy.
- Do face yoga to lose fat and remove age lines.
Promote a Positive Environment
One of the best things that you can do to ensure that stressful situations don’t tire you out is to have a positive environment. An ambiance that promotes positive thoughts in your mind can help you deal with stress well. Tips:
- Decorate your room in a way that it gets tons of natural light. Or invest in some artificial ones.
- Create inspirational posters and hang them in your room and office
- Have a comfortable bed and working space
- Light up diffusers in rooms as the essential oils work well to calm the mind.
- Have indoor plants or have an outdoor garden, whichever is possible.
Work on your Body
One of the reasons for stress is illness and injuries. They can take a toll on your mental health and make you prone to negative thinking. So, keeping your body fit is imperative. Tips:
- Workout daily at least for 30 minutes
- Go out for a walk in nature
- Monitor what you eat. Avoid fried or processed food.
- Meditate daily to calm your body and soul
- Stretch daily to let go of the tension in your body
Cutting yourself from the world and binging series every day is not great for your stress. When you go and meet people, it can help you keep your stress in check. Tips:
- Have a lunch date with your friend and family. If you don’t like big parties, have intimate dinners.
- Call upon your friends and family to have a chat, especially when feeling stressed.
- Go out on your own and try new places and things
Our health is in our hands. We cannot always avoid stressful situations and people. However, how we react to these is in our hands. When we control our reactions and don’t let it affect us, we beat the stress that it can cause us, and these tips will help with that.